I asked OpenAI’s GPT3 what are the top 20 Australia games ever made:
What are the top 20 Australian made games of all time on any platform ever made?
* I asked this on the 9th March 2023, it may have different results at a later date.
It replied with its top 20 list, including a comment clarifying its subjective.
(read on below to see what it picked).
Sure! Here is a list of the top 20 games of all time on various platforms:
These are just a few examples of some of the greatest games of all time, but there are many more that could be added to the list. What makes a game one of the greatest of all time is often subjective, and different players will have their own opinions on the matter.
- Hollow Knight (Team Cherry)
Cute bugs rolling dung and fighting with cute swords and shields, looks fun!
2. Hand of Fate (Defiant Development)
Defiant Development had a major indie hit with the original Hand of Fate, which mixed rogue like dungeon crawling with card-based gameplay and action combat, telling its story through well-executed narration. The game became a minor indie hit, selling over half a million copies worldwide, and a sequel followed in 2017.
Unfortunately the studio didn’t survive market conditions and closed in 2019.
In a statement, the studio said “The games market has changed in ways both big and small in the 9 years we’ve been in business. We have not been able to change quickly enough to continue with them”.
3. Crossy Road (Hipster Whale)
Holy mackerole, i just realised this game reminds me of perhaps the first game i ever played. It was called Froggy or Frogger or maybe Froggix (theres been remakes but this was from the 90s). Anyhow Crossy Road looks much better & much blockyness cf Roblox!
4. Armello (League of Geeks)
5. Florence (Mountains)
The game follows the character Florence Yeoh, as she meets and begins a relationship with Krish, a cellist she meets at the park. Players guide Florence through her daily routine and follow her developing relationship with Krish. The story is divided in 20 chapters that are divided into six distinct acts that each represent a period of Florence’s life and growth. Players partake in a series of minigames that replicate Florence’s daily activities, taking control of her thoughts and actions. This is definitely a type of game that is up my ally, i will add it to my list to play.
6. Damsel (Screwtape Studios)
7. Screencheat (Samurai Punk)
8. Dead Static Drive (Team Fanclub)
9. The Gardens Between (The Voxel Agents)
10. Paperbark (Paper House)
11. Orwell (Osmotic Studios)
12. Necrobarista (Route 59)
13. Hacknet (Team Fractal Alligator)
14. Redshift (Shifting Tides)
15. Submerged (Uppercut Games)
16. Storm Boy (Blowfish Studios)
17. Satellite Reign (5 Lives Studios)
18. Handball 16 (Big Ant Studios)
19. Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Krome Studios)
20. L.A. Noire (Team Bondi)
In Summary, we asked OpenAI’s ChatGPT:
What are the top 20 Australian made video games ever made?
Here are 20 of the most notable Australian-made video games in no particular order:
- Hollow Knight (Team Cherry)
- Hand of Fate (Defiant Development)
- Crossy Road (Hipster Whale)
- Armello (League of Geeks)
- Florence (Mountains)
- Damsel (Screwtape Studios)
- Screencheat (Samurai Punk)
- Dead Static Drive (Team Fanclub)
- The Gardens Between (The Voxel Agents)
- Paperbark (Paper House)
- Orwell (Osmotic Studios)
- Necrobarista (Route 59)
- Hacknet (Team Fractal Alligator)
- Redshift (Shifting Tides)
- Submerged (Uppercut Games)
- Storm Boy (Blowfish Studios)
- Satellite Reign (5 Lives Studios)
- Handball 16 (Big Ant Studios)
- Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Krome Studios)
- L.A. Noire (Team Bondi)
Note that this is not an exhaustive list, and there are many other great Australian-made games out there.
Why didnt you include Fruit Ninja by Halfbrick?
I apologize for not including Fruit Ninja in my previous response. Fruit Ninja is indeed a notable and successful Australian-made video game developed by Halfbrick Studios, and it should be mentioned among the top Australian-made video games. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!
thats ok. just please do better research next time
I apologize for any inconvenience caused by my oversight. I always strive to provide accurate and thorough responses to the best of my ability, and I will take your feedback into consideration for future responses. Thank you for using my services!